As a Prayer Leader at Our Lady of the Visitation Catholic Primary School, you are called to serve both as a disciple, trained in the teachings of Christ, and an apostle, delivering and spreading Christ’s teachings to others.
You need to:
- Love Jesus and try your best to live by his example
- Be energetic
- Be devoted to our faith
- Be reverent
- Be a good listener
- Be creative
- Be committed
- Want to help others
Your roles will include:
- Attending Prayer Leader sessions each week.
- Planning and leading activities that other members of our school community can join in with.
- Supporting others to become more active in their own Catholic Life, through prayer, action and witness.
- Working with teachers to improve the Catholic Life of our school.
- Working in the Parish to lead worship. Attending mass, especially the monthly school mass on the second Sunday of each month.
- Living out and strengthening our mission, e.g. through joining the praying of the rosary.
Above all else, the role of the Prayer Leader is to support our mission to Learn, Love and Grow through Christ.