Welcome to our "Catholic Life " page.
Our Lady of the Visitation is located in the Diocese of Westminster in the Parish of Greenford.
As a Catholic School Religious Education is central to everything that we do. Our Catholic faith influences all aspects of school life which strives to follow the Gospel values of love, justice, forgiveness and concern for others.
We work with parents to educate children in the Christian way of life and to create a community of faith in which worship within the Roman Catholic tradition is appropriate, possible and wholly acceptable. As part of the Catholic education offered at Our Lady of the Visitation we teach children to:
- be able to participate actively in liturgy
- be able and willing to pray
- be able to rely on a distinctive morality
- have a thoughtful understanding of scripture
- have a thoughtful understanding of church teaching
- have experienced being part of a church community
- be able and willing to translate faith into Christian action
- understand themselves in relation to others and to God
Religious Education currently follows the "Come and See" programme. RE is planned and taught separately from the rest of the curriculum. Cross curricular links are made as appropriate and build on the children's existing experience in the home, parish and wider community. Religious Education is in essence a faith education but we acknowledge the content of the Local Authority's agreed syllabus on religious education and incorporate knowledge of world faiths in our programme.
Virtual Pilgrimage for Lent 2021
To take part in the Virtual Pilgrimage please click here.
We celebrate Mass together